Print & Pattern for Licensing: Creating Successful Collections
This course is a guide to creating a beautiful and saleable collection for your art licensing portfolio with examples, insider info and a ton of resources to help you along the way.
We’re going to start with some basic information about art licensing before going step-by-step into how to research and conceive of a strong collection idea and then bring it to life. Throughout the process, I’ll share all the tricks and resources I’ve used in order to jumpstart my licensing career.
- Assess the current state of your portfolio for licensing potential
- Examine top licensing themes and trends, with a number of sources to research subjects further
- Leverage market trends to spark your creativity
- Use end product goals to inform your collection format and your sketching process
- Pick a dynamic color palette with use of class resources and ideas
- Conceive of and execute a strong, well balanced art licensing collection
- Get over creative stumbling blocks by using detailed questionnaires to assess your own work
- Show off your new work with a clear sales sheet and product mock-ups
- Confidently plan your next steps for repeated design success
2.5 HOURS OF VIDEO CONTENT
6 DOWNLOADABLE PDFS
A Detailed system for critiquing your own work
Trend & cOLOR resources and mini trend round up
Experienced advice and real talk to inspire you to get your collection together
lOTS OF EXAMPLES FROM MY OWN SKETCHBOOK AND DESIGN PROCESS
Print & Pattern for Profit: Earning with Design Studios
If you're an artist who’s interested in designing for products and you’ve created at least a few surface patterns for your portfolio, my new course on atly will help you identify sources of income for pattern designers, and then dive deep into textile design studios. You’ll start with the basics of how they work and then move into the details about potential income and how to approach studios to partner with. Beginners and experienced designers alike have found this class both unique and packed with behind the scenes information.
2.25 HOURS OF VIDEO CONTENT
6 DOWNLOADABLE PDFS
40 STUDIO LINKS DIVIDED INTO HELPFUL CATEGORIES
A DIVE INTO MY PERSONAL INCOME SELLING PRINTS THROUGH STUDIOS
Experienced advice and motivational real talk to inspire you to take action immediately
insider info not found in any other course
Who should take this course?
- Artists/Designers who have at least 5-10 designs in their portfolio- I recommend 10, but I give some pointers on what type of designs to add to your portfolio if you are a bit short on work.
- Artists/Designers who are interested in designing for products and textiles. This course mainly focuses on pattern design, but studios do in fact need artists who can illustrate stand alone graphics.
- Artists who work in traditional or digital media
- Artists who are just starting and have 0-5 clients
- Experienced artists/designers who need additional income and haven’t yet considered Textile Design Studios